Rotary Club of Wall Street New York is supporting the District 7230 effort to sponsor a Global Grant Scholar.
District 7230 will be supporting one outbound Global Grant Scholarship (for up to $30,000 USD) for the Academic Year 2016/17. All interested applicants must submit their application through a Rotary Club in District 7230. All applications endorsed by clubs and received by the submission deadline will be reviewed on the District level. By endorsing an application, the club agrees to serve as Sponsor Club and nominates one of its club members as Sponsor Counselor in case the applicant endorsed by the club is selected to receive the scholarship.
Eligibility criteria for the scholarship:
– The applicant is not a Rotarian and is not related to a Rotarian.
– The applicant must be a resident of District 7230.
The applicant must pursue graduate-level studies or research outside of the U.S. in one of the six areas of focus:
– Peace and conflict prevention/resolution
– Disease prevention and treatment
– Water and sanitation
– Maternal and child health
– Basic education and literacy
– Economic and community development
A scholarship candidate is expected to have:
– Excellent leadership skills and potential.
– A proven record of success in his or her academic field of vocation.
– A commitment to community service.
– Well-defined and realistic goals.
– Concrete ideas for advancing within his or her chosen field.
– Sincerity about maintaining a lifelong relationship with Rotary after the scholarship period.
The deadline for applications to our club is March 15 at 11:59pm Eastern Time, and club-level acceptance/rejection notification by March 28. Rotaractors are allowed to submit, as long as they are not related to a Rotarian.
Include the following details with your application.
– Applicant’s CV.
– All relevant transcripts (including at least the transcripts of the institutions listed in the scholarship application form).
– At least 3 letters of recommendation.
– Proof of admission to the institution of study or research.
– Scholarship application form, click here to download the form.
Submit all materials via email to email@example.com.